Saturday, January 9, 2016

Trying again...

Take two.

I can't say that C is asleep, but he is in his bed and he is being calm. T isn't asleep-I can say that for certain. He is in his bed singing the Frog song and talking about Transformers. Oh the things he talks about at 11:30 at night. It's amazing what his little mind is contemplating.

Anyway. Back to C. He is doing quite well. We have switched up therapies and now he sees OT, PT and speech every week. We were going two times a month, with a total of an hour each. This new schedule is an hour every week. HUGE difference. Seriously! He went from barely supporting himself to sitting up (he can't get himself to that position yet, but he's trying), he's army crawling, and this week we started actually putting some weight on those things known as legs. Absolutely amazing! He still has no teeth. I'm hoping soon. He is chewing on everything and there is tons of drool, so it's only a matter of time. 

We still are dealing with GI issues. We were hospitalized twice last year for clean outs, and they weren't fun. Poor kid had to have a gallon of the stuff put into his little body to clear him out. We have since switched docs to the head of the department. We have a referral to Columbus and will be making our first trip down in a few weeks. The meeting is just an hour long, but hopefully it will get us on the right track. The doc says that they are the only ones that can do this kind of testing (GI motility) and that the docs there are the best in the country. I hope so. I hate seeing C's poor belly so distended some days. He doesn't necessarily act like he's in pain, but I can't imagine that it feels good.

(For the record, he is still awake. He is laying in bed saying ah-di-duh. He likes those words.)

J is currently at work, thanks to the lottery jackpot being so high. It's been interesting to see the posts on FB with people buying tickets. Keep buying them, it keeps him employed. (Although, I'd rather he was home right now. But jackpots like these don't happen often.)

I am still trying out new products and reviewing them, when I get a chance. Our schedule is fairly busy, but I try to make due. I do need to post some reviews on my blog in a few minutes, so feel free to read those. Otherwise, scroll past. My account has been "suspended" for not posting my blog review in time. So, I am trying to fix that. Start 2016 off on the right foot and all that.

No comments: