Saturday, July 19, 2008

Gluten-free, and me

So, I've been without wheat and gluten for a month now. Ok. Not totally without, but for the majority of the time. I have to say, I feel much better! As long as I don't have Chik-Fil-A's regular chicken, I'm ok. I had some the other day (my mistake, I thought they were gluten free). By the end of the afternoon, my stomach was swollen to the point where it looked like I was several months pregnant. (Which I am NOT!) It's slowly going back down to where it was pre-gluten. I couldn't believe the bloat! If that's not a sign of gluten intolerance, I don't know what is! I'm looking forward to my trip to Nashville, I just hope I can stay away from that bad gluten stuff!

Other news, Joe likes Mexican! I know, it doesn't sound like much, but it is! We've been eating only American-Mexican for the past 8 years because he only would eat the steak. He tried Mexican a few weeks ago with his co-workers, and he came home to tell me how much he enjoyed it. We went to Pancho's, the Tex-Mex restaurant here in town, twice, and it's amazing how much lower our bill is when we don't have steak on it! Then yesterday we went to El Rincon. We decided that was the best. Today (yes, that would be the 4th Mexican meal in 5 days) we went to Mariachi Loco's. Not good. We decided we won't be eating there. Or, if we will, we won't get what we did today. It was not acceptable.

Ok, that's all for now. I've started getting my things ready for my trip. Packing for 3 weeks in one suitcase, quite difficult! Have a good one!

No comments: