Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Random comments

So it's already February, crazy how time flies when you're having fun...or something like that. Not a whole lot has been going on in the world of Amy, but there have been a few things, and I figure I might as well share.

So a couple of weeks ago, the new car wouldn't start for me. We had taken it in on Monday to have our usual guys check it out, they replaced the starter saying that it was bad, and then on Wednesday it wouldn't start. I called Joe, who then told me to call AAA and have it towed back to the car place. I called work to let them know I'd be late (if in at all) and had the car towed. I get there and the usual guy (he's the owner) apologizes and says they'll get to it when they can. Swell. While the guy is taking it off the tow truck, another worker, I'll call him Bob, comes up to take my information. He then procedes to tell me that my car had been towed in on Monday and that they were able to get it started, and it's probably the same problem. Um, no. The car was driven in on Monday by Joseph, and it started-even if it was a little slow on the uptake. So, no, idiot, you're wrong. I told him that my husband had brought it in and he argued with me anyway. Just because I'm female does not mean I don't know what is going on. Idiot. I do not like Bob and he is not allowed to touch our car. I ended up renting a car (a total rip off because it cost $50 bucks + gas for not even 12 hours!), and lost money on the deal because I didn't work enough to make up for it. Grr. The car place said it was a blown fuse and they replaced that. A week later the car didn't start for Joe, and he replaced the fuse again. Last week he took the car back to the place that we bought it from and they replaced the starter. Fantastic!

Another 'issue' in the last few weeks, I got my hair cut. I know, nothing too serious, but the chick that cut my hair is on my list. I said that layers were fine (I had some). Less than 15 minutes later, she informed me she was done. Yep....she gave me layers. Short, all the way around, and then a bit of the length-mullet style. Fan-tastic! I was so ticked. I ended up going to the girl who usually does my hair and had her redo it. It's still not what I want, but it will do. Luckily my hair grows fast, so hopefully it will be better soon. I learned my lesson though-I won't be going back to Best Cuts to get my hair done.

And, one final rant because my time on the library computer is running out. It's about people at the library and the computer use. There's a waiting list for a reason people. And when the person who has reserved the computer is up talking to the librarian because there's a problem, don't take the computer because you want to play Farmville. That just angers the patron who was there to use the computer.

Ok...that's all for now. Must go-tomorrow is a snow day from work (who would've thought!), so hopefully there will be more then. :)

No comments: