Wednesday, April 30, 2008

For those of you who weren't sure about my sanity...

Meet my pets. Yes, I have them. No, they aren't alive and breathing. (Nor are they former pets that have been stuffed like we learned about at Skyview Ranch in 4th grade.) These are my pets. As many of you know, I've wanted a dog for quite awhile. At least 9 years, but who's counting? Anyway...as my way of getting one, I've taken to adopting dogs.

The first one is my latest. He was the cheapest in that he came free from Hallmark when I bought necessary cards last weekend. He's a WebKin. I haven't activated his code yet, but that's beside the point. Currently he sits guarding all of my latest book purchases. He does a good job. If only he could find my missing copy of Great Gatsby, all would be swell.

My other 'pets' (those pictured anyway) have been built at Build-a-Bear. I love that store! You go in and you just can't help but be swept away with the fun of making your own friend! After the WebKin (who is currently nameless) is Caterwall. He's the first BAB I built. He was 'born' in Nashville, and has a very special trait. He meows. Oh yes, he meows. Squeeze his paw, you hear, "meow, meow, meow!" It's AWESOME! Of course, when I had the sound box placed in his paw, the lady at the store was all, Honey, you got the cat box. You need to change it for a dog. Um. No! I want a dog that meows thank you! And, because his identity was so confused, he was named Caterwall. :)

The 2nd BAB I built was Buttercup. I built her when I took Alexa to BAB for her birthday. And, no, you can't see the dog's eyes in real life either. But hey, at least she's wearing Limited 2 clothes! :)

The final BAB I'm posting is Buddy. He's a Boxer. I built him another trip for Lex's birthday. He was one of the special kennel pals that they have. A portion of his price is donated to a local shelter. Oh, I'm sure it's like 3 cents or something stupid, but at least when I was in the process of building him, I felt like I'd done something good for animalhood.

I do have 4 other 'pets' that share my office with me. A set of dogs that I bought at Kohl's in their Kohl's for Kids campaign, a Woot flying monkey, a BAB Hello Kitty named Katerina, and a BAB frog name Sally Freda. All of my pets keep me company when I'm in here working. Someday I hope to have a real four-legged friend, but until then, these do just fine! :)


No comments: