Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Life comes at you fast...

You know, I'm tired. I'm tired of politics. I'm tired of coming home from school and having messages on my machine telling me who will be in town and that I should go join the rally. And yes, I received 3 calls about the same specific rally. I didn't go. Wanted to, but didn't. I'm tired that the majority of our mail these days are "vote for this" "don't vote for that" pamphlets. This is the first campaign I honestly remember all of the advertising, being bombarded almost constantly. (I know, the Obama campaign does have a lot of money, and is spending it on advertising. I'm sure that's a large part of it.) I'm just looking forward to next Tuesday evening, when the majority of the ads will end. I don't expect the election itself to be over. I expect there will be recounts, and the election will hinge on one or two states as it has in the past two elections. I'll just be glad to not have to worry about smear ads on TV.

On to other things. Last weekend we had our annual Halloween party with the JoKeRMob. Ok. Technically the JoeRMob, because the Ks weren't there. It was up at Steve and Kate's new house. What a great place they found! It made us talk about moving, starting over, with something that we could decorate on our own. Someday we'll have that. But for now we can only deal with what we have and change it a little bit at a time, a room and window at a time.

I also won some books last week from bookbrothel. It was a giveaway of 10 books from Hachette Book Group. They're all politically related, but that's ok. I'm really looking forward to reading them, and if I don't read them, at least skimming them. I'm sure there will be some interesting tidbits of trivia in them.

Well, I'm off for now. I recently updated my starting page on FireFox to iGoogle, and I need to customize it to get the feeds I want to see. If you haven't checked out iGoogle yet, give it a try! :) Have a great week!

No comments: