Sunday, May 10, 2015

Getting in touch with my "roots"

You might notice from time to time that I will be sharing product reviews on here. I'm not turning this blog into a review blog, per se, but I have started to receive products to share reviews for, and I need an outlet. Plus, it makes me feel in touch with that degree I earned 17 years ago. (Holy cow-it's been 17 years?!) 

Today I finally got to try out one of the many products I've received, a Selfie Stick by Everyday Selfie.  This wasn't something that I really needed, but I thought, what the heck, it might be useful someday. I am trying to be in pictures with the boys, so I thought maybe this would be the answer. So far, it is working! I decided to try it out while J was busy trying to deal with Pizza Gate '15 (seriously, how hard is it to make a chicken, bacon, ranch pizza with pepperoni?!) and I was alone with the boys. There weren't many instructions with it, so I had to wing it. I really liked the bluetooth feature once I was able to pair it up with my phone. The button to turn it on an off on the stick, on the other hand, is bound to cause some broken nails if your nails aren't strong or long enough. Once we got the camera installed on the stick, we started taking pictures. It was really easy! If you want to see a final product, I have one on my Instagram page. Just request to be my friend! While I probably wouldn't pay full price, or even much more than a couple of bucks, this really did make getting pictures of me with the boys easier. I'm curious to see what it's like outside this summer when we use it. (**Please note, I received this item at a discounted price in order to provide an honest, unbiased review. The opinions contained are my own. **)

So that's my update for today. Not a whole lot, not exciting. It happens. We've just been trying to survive these last few days. C had his shots last week and is just now starting to act like his normal happy self. It's rough-especially since he seems to have allergies too and the pollen count is not helping. Last night J had to work. (Update-they found the missing drive and the files from his work. Turns out they forgot to map the drive after they rebooted the system!) I hope everyone had a decent Mother's Day. I know it can be hard for some, myself included.

No comments: