Thursday, May 28, 2015

Just waiting...

We have been here at the hospital now since 12:30. The last time C ate was at 7:55 this morning. It is now going on 4 PM. They finally took him back to surgery a little after 3. They were running an hour behind. I understand these things happen, but who schedules things like this? Kids with thickened liquids (as C has to have) are not allowed to eat at least 8 hours before surgery. Wouldn't it make sense to have them earlier in the day? Luckily he's a very laid back boy and I was able to get him to fall asleep. He's 13 months old, so it's not like he understands what is going on! Now I just have to wait for him to be done and then I can go back. I'm hoping the recovery nurses remember to give him the thickened milk that I brought. Last time they didn't, and it was not pretty. I'll post more when I know what's going on. 

No comments: