Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Just another day in the life...

So this week has been interesting, to say the least. On Monday, C had to have a procedure done to see if he does indeed have Hirschsprung's Disease. Last week the poor kid had an enema, and the results (according the report on his file online) say that they are consistent with Hirschsprungs.  What is HD? (Sorry, I'm abbreviating. Just easier.) It's when the lower intestine doesn't have functioning cells and they have to remove part to make it better. For a better explanation, you can read up on it here. We are waiting on the results from the colon biopsy that was done on Monday to verify. If he does indeed have it, he will be having surgery. While I am not thrilled about this, I know it's the best for him, AND it might mean that the little man will start growing. 

Today C had his one year pictures. I cannot wait for them to be posted. We go to Heather Pelko Photography. We started going there when I was just pregnant with C. (We also go to another place, but that is "box" store type photography place, and we don't go too often.) We have developed a friendship and I am so thrilled that she is able to take pictures of the boys! Even when T or C is having a rough day, she still gets a great shot or two (or more!) Today was no exception. I had multiple outfits and I had some props that I wanted to be sure to have included. Some places might complain. Not her! (Well, not to me anyway. lol) C looked adorable, and I loved seeing the previews on the camera. (She might post a preview on her FaceBook page if you want to check it out in a few days.) I totally recommend having her do your photos if you life in Northeastern Ohio. She doesn't just do kids photos either! She does family photos, senior photos, weddings, still life, you name it! I definitely think you should check her out!

Before our session, C and I grabbed two Munzees that were nearby. Usually I have T with me, but for the photo session I didn't. So I was going solo. Luckily the codes were easy to find. Eh, who am I kidding? Most of the codes are easy to find. It's fun finding them!Wait. You've never heard of Munzee codes?! It's ok. I hadn't until a month or so ago. It's a scavenger hunt for QR codes that other people have placed in plain sight. Many of them are on signs or light posts. You check the map, go to the location, find them,  scan them with the Munzee App and get points. No, you don't get anything for the points, but you get to have fun looking for the codes. Tonight after J got home from work we went to Southgate Park and found a few more with T. He gets so excited when he finds them, it's awesome! Plus, Munzee finding is great exercise, great together time, and as long as you have a smart phone with data available, a "free" activity too! I slowly plan on introducing T to geocaching too. I found some new ones at Stan Hywet that I think we might check out this summer. (Or this week, depending on the weather on Friday. lol) Ok. You haven't heard of geocaching either? Really?! It's like munzee code finding, but not. Someone hides something-anything from a small film canister (remember those?!) to an old ammo box out in the world, they post the coordinates, and you find them. Then you sign the log that is there, and post online that you found it. People often leave behind toys or something else small. I took T to find one at the local library awhile ago, and he thought it was fun to get a sticker prize for finding it. Not all of them have items to take, but if they do, you want to be sure to have something to trade for it, unless instructed otherwise. I learned about caching awhile ago (2006) and I have enjoyed the adventures that it has brought me. I've discovered some cool locations like cemeteries in Tennessee, I found where Johnny Cash was buried, I've seen some awesome skylines, and well, I've even had a mouse run out of a cache at me. You just never know! If you're looking for a fairly inexpensive way to spend time outdoors, as long as you have a GPS, I totally recommend either one of these.

Well...It is once again late, and I need to get some rest. Tomorrow is a new day and we have new adventures awaiting!

No comments: